Saturday, October 3, 2009

Brooke White and Michael Johns concert


Last weekend Hubby and I went to Brooke White and Michael Johns concert in SLC. I was a big fan of them both during their run on American Idol so I was looking forward to this little excursion. The singer opening for them was a fellow Utahn named Benton Paul. We listened to his CD all the way to SLC and may I say, he had me at his song "Paris" Wow! Talented crooner!! We are now official big fans of his and if my radar for that "something" that some people are gifted with still works I would hedge that this guy "has got it"


Good luck to Benton Paul. Glad to say we knew you back when.


Back to Brooke and Michael; Because our friends had special passes, we were able to meet them all in person. They were as lovely in real life as they seemed on TV. Genuinely nice people and I wish them much success.


I had a little taste of touring in college when I was a part of a singing group:every night a different venue, some better than others, meals on the go, sleeping on the bus, same songs over and over- I tell you, you have to love it, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it! So anyway, between Benton's and Brookes Cds', their songs play in my head twenty-four/seven! I can't stop singing them and it is beginning to get on my nerves. Love them all, but enough is enough. Luckily, I just downloaded me some Muse. Their newest album is fantastic!
I didn't mean for this to turn into a music review, but they have done it again. Go out and get you some, you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment